A number of sailors, mainly from overseas, are interested in sailing in the 2017 Gul Mirror British Nationals & Worlds. The three Winder charter boats and the four UK Mirror Class Association boats have been booked already, so these sailors are looking for charter boats from other sources.
- Boats will need valid measurement certificates, buoyancy endorcements & sails with certification marks and be competitive.
- Overseas sailors are likely to arrive shortly before the event and leave shortly afterwards. If they do have a hire car, it's unlikely to be fitted with a towbar. So owners will need to arrange transport of boats to and from Restronguet Sailing Club in Cornwall.
- Commercial chartering is likely to be excluded from normal dinghy insurance policies. Owners will need to arrange for cover during the charter period (e.g. Noble Marine offer a extension to their standard dinghy policy to cover commercial charter at £11/week).
- Boats will need to display the correct National letters of the sailor on the mainsail during the event (e.g. AUS, JPN,.....).
- Needless to say owners can charge a charter fee to cover all their costs, plus use of boat.
If anybody in the UK or Ireland with a competitive Mirror is interested in chartering a boat, please contact Martin Egan & I will put your boat on a list of available boats.