Wood hull (traditional marine-ply construction, with fibreglass taped seams) builder Unknown , registration with Mirror Class Association
Purchased by Ian & Barbara Ruck
'Barbarian II' was advertised for sale for £500 and ready to sail! Details were:
We are very sorry to sell our Mirror dinghy, but the family have grown up and moved away! We would like someone else to have the pleasure of sailing. Our family have sailed for pleasure on the quarry at West Hythe, in the sea off Folkestone and Hythe and on lakes in France and Wales. We have all had great fun. It is in very good condition and has been used many times, but not in recent years, when it has been stored in our garage. The present owner purchased the craft in 1989, so 11 years after registration. No racing history available.
- Very Good Condition
- Road Trailer serviceable, with spare wheel.
- Aluminium alloy Gunter mast, wooden gaff and boom.
- 1 jib
- All sheets, halyards, cleats and shackles etc.
- Lighting Board
- launching trolley, fragile, but usable with care
- 2 x Lalizas Buoyancy Aids (Sport) adult 90 Kg in excellent condition.
- 1 x All in one sailing coverall (red) for wind protection - adult large.
- Spares kit - miscellaneous
- Oars and rowlocks
- Boat Cover poor condition, but usable
- Previously registered with RYA Small Ships Register 43854 , from1991 to 1996 to comply with French legislation.
Contact Ian Ruck 07597 184121, craft and equipment located in garage at home address near Ashford, Kent.
She was sold in July.