Wood kit built by Stephen Heppell on Malcolm Goodwin's jig.
This was the third of four mirrors built by Stephen Heppell . Stephen takes up the story "The first one - a standard Bell built kit, was Pootle. Then came Juliette Heppell's fast blue boat Ptwootle (two, get it?) which was spectacularly fast upwind and she sailed with her sister and then with single handed sailor Hannah Stodel, then came the pink Pthreetle sailed by Melissa Heppell who went onto 470s from there (super fast boat won lots also with next owner Emma Barry) and then finally Phourtle which was Toby Heppell's boat - he went onto 49ers and is now at Yachts and Yachting of course. All Brightlingsea boats back in the days when the town council created a Mirror Millennium garden in honour of the town's Mirror sailors!".
- Won Eastern Area Championships sailed by Melissa Heppell & J Young & I Wills
- 9th European Championships sailed by Melissa Heppell & Emma Barry
- Sailed at the Inlands at Bassenthwaite
- Sailed at the Nationals at Plymouth
- 2nd National Junior Championships sailed by Emma & Martina Barry
- 2nd Western Areas sailed by Emma & Martina Barry
- Sailed at the Worlds at Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- 2nd Southern Areas sailed by Emma & Martina Barry
- 1st National Youth Championships sailed by Emma & Martina Barry
- Won UK National Championship, Llandudno & Poole
- 2nd at European Championships, Sweden
- Sailed at UK National & World Championships, Phwelli, Wales
This boat was advertised for sale for £3750 , details were:
- Superspars Bermuda rig
- Harken fittings
- excellent condition and well looked after
- launching trolly
- road trailer
- almost new North Sails (only used for 1 event)
- spare set of used North sails
- boom up cover
- travelling covers
- garage stored in winter.
Contact 01787 377800 , Essex
I understand form the new owner, who talked to me at the 2020 RYA Dinghy Show, that this boat is sold.