Built from a Bell kit. The builder told his wife it would be finished in a fortnight. Needless to say it took a little longer, but he was never allowed to forget his original estimate.
Owned by Jan Grieg-Gran from Lympstone SC & sailed at the Inlands at Staunton Harold
Joined Restronguet SC Mirror fleet from owners in Plymouth. Upgraded to Bermuda rig and centre mainsheet.
This boat was advertised for sale for £1,150, details were
- Sound boat in good condition, no areas of black and paint and varnish in good order
- Bermudan mast by Custom Spars (Evolution Sailing) using Holt "Aldebaran" section (now marketed as MHA section by SuperSpars) - good for lighter crews at it is more flexible than SuperSpars M9
- Matching Lulham-Robinson mainsail
- Trident jib with window in good condition
- Selden boom
- Centre mainsheet with ratchet block
- Fly away spinnaker pole launcher
- 8:1 kicker, led down to mast foot (gives more crew space) then back to thwart
- Andersen bailer, new 2011
- Good quality ropes and fittings
- Excellent Trident boom-up cover
- Supalight aluminium trolley
She was sold to a gentleman who sails a Firefly for his children to sail.