11 October 2010
Newsletter No 7
Entries for the 2011 Worlds are now flowing in with the exciting news that we have our first Asian entries with 2 boats from the Phiippines. One team is Ridgely Balladares and Rommel Chavez, aspiratants for the 470 Class at the London Olympics. They have selected the Mirror Worlds as part of their desire to gain regatta experience. The other team are emerging youth talent who have secured a scholarship to compete.
Remember entries are due by 1 November or you will incur a late fee.
Skippers and Crews Wanted
We wanted to let you know about the social program which we are finalising. There will be 5 key events:
- Australian Champions Welcome - 27 December 2010
- Australian Championships Presentation BBQ - 30 December 2010
- Worlds Opening Ceremony and New Years Eve Fireworks - 31 December 2010
- IMCA AGM/ Junior Open Mic - 3 January 2011
- Worlds Closing Ceremony and Crowning of the 2011 World Champion
The restaurant will be open every night for dinner.
Things you must do when you are here:
- Visit Mount Romance one of our sponsors to have a first-hand look at the branch to bottle processing of Sandalwood, one of WA's oldest industries.
- Learn about our whaling history at Whale World
- Take a cruise
Regards Anthony Galante