From Saturday 03 March 2012
To Sunday 04 March 2012
by Martin Egan
There will be at least 3 Mirrors on display.
Mirror number 14, "Mi Mi", a Mark 1 interior wooden boat built in 1963 will be part of the Jack Holt Centenary display in the West Corridor.
There will be a GRP Winder on the Volvo RYA junior/youth sailing stand F28 in the West Hall.
There will be a recent kit built wooden boat 70670 on the Mirror Class Association stand B13 in the Great Hall.
More details of the show is available on the RYA Dinghy Show website, which is here. The exhibition floorplan is here. There is also an RYA leafet and an RYA poster.
'RYA VOLVO DINGHY SHOW SAILX CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012' for the 'VIRTUAL ENDEAVOUR TROPHY' Live Finals Outline Plan
• The 'Live Finals' will take place at 15:15 sharp on both days of the RYA Volvo Dinghy Show (Sat and Sun) on the Volvo Main Stage and will last approximately one hour (5-race fleet regatta with one discard). Racing will be on display on the big screen - making it one of the Show's major highlights.
• 40 individual competitors (physically present at the show) will be take part on both days:
- 30 of these competitors will qualify via the Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals phases currently underway on www.SailX.com
(10 Classes x 3 users per Class)
- 10 further 'Wildcard' entries will win the chance to take part in the 'Live Finals' on Sat and Sun by taking part in racing at the SailX stand (G30)
- Please refer to the Notice of Race for full information on qualification (attached)
• NOTE: ONLY TEN (10) CLASSES WILL WIN THE CHANCE TO TAKE PART IN THE 'LIVE FINALS'. THESE WILL BE THE CLASSES THAT A) PERFORM BEST IN THE RYA VOLVO DINGHY SHOW SAILX CHAMPIONSHIPS BEING CURRENTLY BEING HELD ON WWW.SAILX.COM AND B) WHO PUT FORWARD SUFFICIENT REPRESENTATIVES FOR THE FINALS RACING AT THE SHOW. THERE ARE ALREADY 37 UK CLASSES REPRESENTED IN THE COMPETITION ...
• The Finals will be commentated by Mark Jardine (editor of YachtsandYachting.com
) and Hugh Styles (ex. Team GB Olympian & current Team GB Coach via http://www.timeonthewater.co.uk/
). Some other sailing, coaching and umpiring personalities are expected to join in from time to time as well.
• The Virtual Endeavour Trophy and the Endeavour Trophy will be placed on table in centre / front of stage and overall prize giving will follow the conclusion of the Finals event on the Sunday - as soon as possible when all protests are resolved.
Location Alexandra Palace, London