Request for Southern Championship Photos -Itchenor

• PeterS
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Sep 2009 21:21 #20555 by PeterS
After this weekend, you may have noticed a few reports coming in from clubs that have held events. All of these have been put on the website and the latest news is as current as possible.

In the effort to keep the new site up-to-date and as frequently updated as possible, please could you email any photos or information from events to peter@petersedgewick.com . Emails are read daily and any information received should be uploaded to the website within a few days.

At the moment, I have not received any photos from the Itchenor Open on the 5th and 6th. If you have any photos, please do not hesitate to send them to me. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Peter Sedgewick

Edited by - peters on 08 September 2009 16:50:40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• bobt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Sep 2009 23:36 #16611 by bobt
Found the results on sailracer Peter.
I would have thought somebody would have botherwed to give a report of a nationwide event on the class website.

BOB.T

• Simon Lovesey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2009 07:04 #16612 by Simon Lovesey
Replied by Simon Lovesey on topic Request for Southern Championship Photos -Itchenor
Bob

Fully agree, this highlights the need for someone to take responsibility for PR, Promotion and Marketing of MCA events etc.

When I was running the events, I would always endevour to :

<ul><li>Produce a pre-event release </li><li>Results from the event on a daily basis, if possible a brief report </li>
<li>Final report, results and photos </li>
<li>These would be published on the class website and distributed to a wide range of other sailing sites and publications. All generating a lot of regular coverage for Mirrors</li>
</ul>

The class needs to take this seriously, we have some great events and need to tell the world.

IMCA Secretary

• bobt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2009 13:23 #16613 by bobt
Surley this is were area reps and club mirror fleet captains come into their own and pass a report onto Peter Sedgewick for inclusion on the web.

• Simon Lovesey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Sep 2009 13:42 #16614 by Simon Lovesey
Replied by Simon Lovesey on topic Request for Southern Championship Photos -Itchenor
Bob

Yes agree this should originate from Area Rep, but last time we had one in the South was over six years ago when I did the job.

Regardless, there still should be someone centrally in MCA taking overall responsibilty for managing and promoting MCA Class Championships. Of course they may delegate some or all of the work.

The promotion role goes far beyond the MCA website, in the past we have enjoyed coverage on all the leading sailing websites and magazines etc

IMCA Secretary

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds