MCA website logo 2017 4

ITCHENOR Open Training & Southern Traveller

• john mcnulty
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Apr 2008 11:04 #20237 by john mcnulty
ITCHENOR Open Training & Southern Traveller was created by john mcnulty
THIS WEEKEND 26 / 27 APRIL - here is a message from Roger Yeoman - do tell him in advance if you're going to be there.

<font color=green>Dear all,

A reminder that we’re running Open Training at ISC this coming Saturday, followed by Open Racing on Sunday.

On Saturday, please try to be ready rigged and changed before a short briefing ashore around 10.30. We will then aim for a short session afloat before lunch, and a slightly longer session after lunch. By all means let me know in advance if you would like me to think about specific areas of focus (rigging the boat, starts, upwind, downwind, tacking gybing etc).

On Sunday Andy Fitzgerald is our Race Officer, so we can expect some really well managed and innovative races. We plan to hold as many as 5 races back to back, starting no earlier than 11am. Given that we will probably race down the harbour, you should be prepared to go afloat as early as 10.15-10.30. I’m sure Andy will hold a short briefing beforehand. Who knows, depending on the size of the fleet, he may even give you a Club Line passage race to more open water as race 1!

In any case the forecast looks good, with 8-10kts from the West and South and 15 degrees C, so bring your sunblock and pack sandwiches/chocolate and drinks for Sunday’s racing!

It would help us if we could have some indication of numbers, so let me know if you plan on coming out to play!

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Roger.</font id=green>

Southern Travellers are a great way to enjoy sailing with more Mirrors at another club. You'll find novices and experts taking part so you can learn a lot, get confidence and make new friends. Chichester Harbour is a lovely place to sail so don't miss the opportunity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.261 seconds