• craig bond
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Feb 2010 07:55 #20595 by craig bond
Worlds more detail was created by craig bond
Hi Jeremy
I am the person!
We are going as a family and I am organising the container to take Mirrors out to Australia. I am not sure if Mirrors can be charted out there, not new ones I guess. The container cost per Mirror will be approx £500 but this will depend on numbers. We have asked all members to pay £100 as deposit by the middle of February, this then gives us an idea of numbers.
The container will need loading late Sept or early Oct.
It is possible to book flights now and we found the cheaper flights finished on the 11th Dec, I guess most will go out later in Dec but costs go up quickly. We are flying intro Perth which is 5 hours from Albany, you can get a internal flight from Perth to Albany. Most people seem to be flying back on the 8th Jan as the sailing finishes on the 7th, boats would need to be packed up that evening so a later flight back on the 8th would be better.
Jeremy I will post this on the Mirror web site but if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards
Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• craig bond
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Feb 2010 07:55 #16696 by craig bond
Replied by craig bond on topic Worlds more detail
More detail (To be confirmed)
Hi Craig

Good news. We will post the program shortly. It is pretty close to finalized but will go something like this.

Pre Worlds reg/measurement 26/27 Dec

Racing 28/29/30

Worlds reg/meas 31 Dec

Worlds reg/meas Lay Day 1/ Jan

Racing 2/3 Jan

Lay Day 4 Jan

Racing 5/6/7 Jan

Pack Up 8 Jan

• craig bond
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Feb 2010 09:02 #16697 by craig bond
For your information.

Yes, all non Australian/New Zealand passport holders require a visa to travel to Australia.
They can be obtained very easily through ourselves. All we need are the passport details of each passenger travelling to process them and then they will be eletronically attached to your passports.

• craig bond
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Feb 2010 15:22 #20599 by craig bond
The numbers for the UK team for Australia are small, about 8 confirmed with another 3 still to decide, we have offered space in the container to the Irish team who are talking of 2/3 Mirrors. If you are still thinking of going can you drop me an email just so I can think about containers and ribs etc. I know some may not decide until the season has started but just trying to sort numbers for the organsing committee in Australia.

Time to create page: 1.448 seconds