MCA website logo 2017 4

New spinnaker

• dsmithers
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Apr 2010 12:27 #20650 by dsmithers
New spinnaker was created by dsmithers
I was out a few weeks ago with two sons as crews and we got to flying the old spinnaker which they both enjoyed. It provided a noticeable improvement when we got it right.

I spotted a reference to rule changes regarding the Mirror spinnaker in another post.

I had a look at the ISAF website. As far as I can tell the main change is removing the quarter and three-quarter widths and making the position of the eye for the downhaul less proscriptive.

What is the actual change that has been brought in? How much improvement will the new design make?

thanks

dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2010 20:27 #20654 by Paul Hansen
Replied by Paul Hansen on topic New spinnaker
The spinnaker is no longer sewn down the centre line, and is now in bands like other classes. This means the shoulders are larger making it easier to fly, it will not collapse as quickly and be more responsve. The shape is smoother and the kite is slightly larger (there have been different sizes tried) due to the shoulder shape which in turn gives an increase in power.

Hope this is of some help
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.520 seconds