MCA website logo 2017 4

Where to sail in the West Midlands?

• Soldierblue
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Jun 2010 08:23 #20684 by Soldierblue
Where to sail in the West Midlands? was created by Soldierblue
I have just purchased my first boat - a Mirror Dinghy which I don't even pick up until tomorrow! When I bring it back to a landlocked Telford I am going to need a few places to be able to put the boat through its paces! Where is the question? Are there any places where you can launch and sail for free? Are there any places where you have to pay but can purchase a 'day ticket'? Or will I only be able to sail having joined a local club? I know of a Lake Vyrnwy not too far away - can visitors sail there? And while I'm at it is there a good website perhaps that lists this sort of information? Loads of questions I know - having not sailed since I was a member of 3rd Chalkwell Bay Sea Scouts (Thames Estuary) back in the late Sixties I'm itching to get out on the water again! Any help will be very much appreciated. Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.018 seconds