MCA website logo 2017 4

how to get involved in region squads

• courtlandkevin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Aug 2010 21:45 #20820 by courtlandkevin
how to get involved in region squads was created by courtlandkevin
I posted this to the squad sections but have had no reply so I thought I'd try here.
I am 13 and keen to get involved with training with the zone squad this year. I met some members of the association at the dinghy show (Who seemed like a very friendly bunch). I am based in Bedfordshire and I sail at Priory Sailing Club (We currently dont have any squad members). I was wondering what the best way to get involved in the events and if there are any training sessions and events. I sail mostly with my father at the moment and I am keen to pair up with another sailor who is also keen to get into the zone squad who is roughly my age.
Any advice would be appriciated.
Thanks James Gray (13)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Robinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2010 23:49 #20821 by Peter Robinson
Replied by Peter Robinson on topic how to get involved in region squads
Hi James,
Nice to meet you at the Dinghy Show.
To get involved in the zone squads you need to:
1 decide if you want to attend North Zone or South Zone. Given you live in Bedfordshire it may be closer to go south.
2 enter the North or South Zone Champs on the RYA website www.sailracer.org/events/event-v ... ntid=56363

However you would be very welcome in the north should you choose to come this way.
If you attend the open meetings at Itchenor or Hollingworth with your dad I am sure we can fix you up with a crew. Give me a ring to confirm 01943 864819.

South Zone Qualifiers are:
5/9/2010 Itchenor Sailing Club
25/26/209/10 South Zone Champs Weymouth and Portland Sailing Acadamy

Norht Zone Qualifiers are:

18/19/9/2010 Mirror Northerns at Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
25/26/9/2010 North Zone Champs Ullswater Sailing Club

Hope you will be able to make it. If you need further help info give me a ring 01943 864819
Regards Peter Lulham-Robinson UK Mirror Class Sec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.420 seconds