MCA website logo 2017 4

COACHING OPPORTUNITIES

• john mcnulty
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jan 2007 15:34 #19656 by john mcnulty
COACHING OPPORTUNITIES was created by john mcnulty
THE MIRROR CLASS ASSOCIATION IS VERY KEEN TO FIND MORE COACHES FOR ITS OPEN COACHING PROGRAMME AT CLUBS AROUND THE COUNTRY.

If those Mirror sailors who have undergone the club race coaches course want to update their skills the RYA will offer a weekend coach training event to the Mirror class for this so that coaches can re-validate their coaching certificates. They will need to attend with their G14 logbooks, up-to-date First Aid certificate and PB2

The weekend will comprise one day with the RYA coach working on your sailing skills and the second day with you running a race training day under the guidance of the RYA coach. The aim is to bring you up to date on your Mirror skills and to improve your coaching techniques.

The weekend will be free.

For this to happen several things are required:

at least 8 coaches need to sign up for it
at least 12 boats with crews to be coached need to attend
a host venue which can accommodate the event
Someone to act as liaison co-ordinator

There are a number of ex National Squad sailors who have qualified as club race coaches as well as several adult sailors who are also qualified. You do not need to be currently sailing Mirrors (indeed it is unlikely you will as you will have moved on to something else)but your Mirror experience and training skills are urgently required by the Class Association in order to help build the support structures in your clubs to bring on the new Mirror sailors.

Whether you're from Windermere or Whitstable; Brightlingsea to Bude this is a great opportunity to get together as a Mirror group and bring your coaching skills into focus so they can be used by the clubs and class to get more Mirrors into racing.

WHAT TO DO?
CRCs let me know here immediately if you want to do it so I can make a booking with the RYA. As soon as the RYA confirm a date I'll let you know.
If your club would like to host the event let me know
Get as many boats with crews as possible to attend.

GO TO WWW.RYA.ORG.UK and follow the links to find out more about the Top Mark Coaching development programme for coaches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.305 seconds