2011 Worlds Albany Australia

• Peter Robinson
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Sep 2009 16:52 #20565 by Peter Robinson
2011 Worlds Albany Australia was created by Peter Robinson
Hi Everyone,
Craig Bond is currently trying to get a handle on how many boats may be ggoing to the next World Championships. If you are interested would you please indicate a provisional interest ASAP

Regards Peter Lulham-Robinson and Craig Bond

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Robinson
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Sep 2009 15:12 #16639 by Peter Robinson
Replied by Peter Robinson on topic 2011 Worlds Albany Australia
Lulham-Robinsons would like to book a provisional place

• craig bond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Sep 2009 19:31 #16640 by craig bond
Replied by craig bond on topic 2011 Worlds Albany Australia
Thanks Peter for putting this on the Forum. 3 boats from Brightlingsea are talking of going. Initial costs being looked at, approx £500 to £600 for container per Mirror, £600 to £700 for flights per person and about £900 for accomodation for the Pre Worlds and Worlds for a house holding about 6 people.
Costs are only approx but will give those thinking of going some idea of costs.
If you have any urther questions post them here and I will try to answer.
Craig

• craig bond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Sep 2009 10:29 #16643 by craig bond
Craig

GBR sailors Worlds mini site
www.sailracer.co.uk/events/event-v2.asp?eventid=41822

People can register their interest, also you will be able to send emails to these and post updates

So all in one place

Simon

More
29 Sep 2009 09:57 #16645 by Martin Egan
I don't wish to moan, but I've just tried to register my interest using the link, only to go through the good old event entry SailRacer mangle and have to put in all my details - postal address, sail number, boat name, (again), and those of my crew (at this stage I don't have a crew) and then I got shunted into "paying" £0.00, at which point "The following error has occurred" followed by "*Invalid amount".

Luckly for me I've now had a message from SailRacer so looks like it worked, a bit OTT through.

MCA Webmaster 2011 - 2018

• craig bond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Sep 2009 11:40 #16646 by craig bond
Hi Martin
I tried but got stuck half way through!! The way it was set up was that we could email all from one point however if people are struggling with the system then happy to put names here and I can post messages as we get them.
By christmas seems to be the date we need to know numbers, this also is a good time to get cheaper flights!

• craig bond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Oct 2009 11:07 #16649 by craig bond
Hi Simon
Can you sort this link, if it leaves the amount to pay as £0.00 it comes up with a error!
Don't think its only me!!
Just looked and it puts in the entry but we need to get rid of the error message.

Edited by - craig bond on 05 October 2009 12:09:35

• Simon Lovesey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Oct 2009 18:39 #16650 by Simon Lovesey
Replied by Simon Lovesey on topic 2011 Worlds Albany Australia
Craig

Fixed this, was only an error if you tried to pay £0

Anyway system now stops this

Simon

IMCA Secretary

• craig bond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Oct 2009 06:53 #16659 by craig bond
Some more news from Australia, may help for any one looking at accomodation and flights.

The dates are from 28 December with measuring and Nationals and concluding with prize giving on 7 January and pack up in 8 January followed by informal wind up at the Vintage Blues Festival which is the biggest music event in the south www.vintageblues.com.au/index.htm . We are looking at how we can link this into the program formally but understand that some may want to get away.

With respect to the container, you will need to get them to Fremantle. I will know shortly other logistics arrangements but we are planning to get them to Albany return.

More
16 Oct 2009 19:21 #16660 by Steve Wilkinson
Further to Craigs recent e-mails, time is moving on if you are considering attending the 2011 Worlds in Albany, Australia. Several crews have verbally expressed an interest in going, but have yet to confirm their interest on the Worlds site www.sailracer.co.uk/events/event ... ntid=41822
It would help Craig with the preparations if expressions of interest could be registered asap.

Steve Wilkinson

Time to create page: 1.874 seconds