MCA website logo 2017 4

mirror wanted in France

• philippe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Jun 2006 11:58 #19188 by philippe
mirror wanted in France was created by philippe
If you're thinking of selling your Mirror but would like to sail it for the last time in France get in touch with me, I've been trying to buy one here but they are difficult to find.Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• john mcnulty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Jun 2006 18:23 #12209 by john mcnulty
Replied by john mcnulty on topic mirror wanted in France
Philippe - I think there may some Mirrors in Britanny but I'm not sure where. Our membership secretary had an enquiry about a year ago with the idea of them joining the association but it seems to have gone nowhere. Maybe if you ask Liz MacKenzie (her contact details are at the foot of the homepage) she can tell you where they are.

Have you tried the Channel Islands? Why not come to Poole for the Europeans and see Mirrors in action en masse - just a quick ferry hop across the channell. Maybe someone there will be selling after the event - you could take it home.

The Class Association is looking at the idea of holding a Mirror holiday rally in France one summer (it used to happen years ago) so if you have any ideas on a venue (good sailing water, guaranteed sunshine and camping etc) let us know.

Good luck with the search.

John

• D Hughes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Jun 2006 20:16 #12239 by D Hughes
Replied by D Hughes on topic mirror wanted in France
I'm selling a VERY nice Mirror and am going to France on Holiday in 5 weeks with a Mirror on the roof. I can bring this one over as long as I can use it for the Holliday first. It's only been in the water 4 times from new where it sustained a little damage due to a hidden underwater object, (now repaired). The owner lost confidence and it sat in a dry barn for years. The sails and eguip are all as new and unused. It's now had a full re-paint and varnish and is fitted out with all the latest race equipment/spinny etc.. There is no trailer, but I could throw in a folding l/trolly.
let me have your email address and I will send you some photo's if interested.
Regards
David Hughes
hughescl360@btinternet.com

X

• Gatwards
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Jun 2006 10:36 #12255 by Gatwards
Replied by Gatwards on topic mirror wanted in France
Philippe

We have an immaculately Mirror 44435 with reinforced deck for adult use, spinaker, alloy tiller, boom up cover (less year old) and as new Hayling combi trailer(cost £600 new). Boat re-painted and varnished over Christmas. We are 15 minutes from Portsmouth ferry. We want £800 ono for the complete ready to sail outfit that also includes spare mast boom sails etc. If you are interested mail me or call on 01243 375357.

The Gatwards

• D Hughes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jul 2006 22:49 #12403 by D Hughes
Replied by D Hughes on topic mirror wanted in France
Hi
We are now taking a Mirror to France. Not the one I sent you the details about before. It's an older Mirror but very sound and well maintained. £350 if interested. It has a launching trolly and flat cover. We are off to Mimizan and will be sailing on lac Nord for 2 weeks setting off tomorrow 12th. Please call 07966-374558 if you want to meet us en rout to Calais on our return about the 26th or 27th.
Thanks
David

X

Time to create page: 1.807 seconds