MCA website logo 2017 4

Crew wanted for Qualifiers & Worlds/Int. regatta

More
23 Jan 2006 21:16 #18903 by Martin Egan
I'm looking for a crew for the Worlds Qualifiers and South Africa (International Regatta if we don't get in the team). Around 4-6 stone would be a good weight. Obviously the more experience the better, but don't let that put you off.

This is a good chance for a younger brother or sister in a family that is going. I did the Worlds in 2001 (Ireland) and 2005 (Sweden). Don't get your hopes up, I'm a bit rubbish at starting (OCS X 2 in Sweden !!)

MCA Webmaster 2011 - 2018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ARROWSMITH
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Jan 2006 21:21 #11377 by ARROWSMITH
Replied by ARROWSMITH on topic Crew wanted for Qualifiers & Worlds/Int. regatta
HI ALL

DONT LET MARTIN PUT YOU OFF WITH HIS STARTING - HE IS A GREAT SAILOR
AND YOU COULD LEARN ALOT FRON HIM,HE HAD GREAT RESULT IT SWEDEN

ANY YOUNG SAILOR WHO WANT TO GO FORWARD IN LIFE WANTS TO CONTACT HIM

GO FOR IT - AND CONTACT HIM

LIAM ARROWSMITH

More
26 Jan 2006 02:24 #11379 by Steve Wilkinson
Well put Liam - I've actually rung Martin and told him he should have entered the fact that he also had three top five finishes at the event as well.

To anyone who may want to go, or be going to the Worlds in South Africa I can, as someone whose son sailed with Martin for 18 months, endorse the fact that the sailing experience James gained during that time has been tremendous. He has now moved onto sailing his own Mirror, but owes a lot of his current sailing skills to the time he spent sailing with Martin.

So as Liam says, if you want to learn from someone who has been around Mirrors for a long time give him a call.

Steve Wilkinson

More
11 Apr 2006 09:39 #11888 by Martin Egan
I'm still looking for a crew for South Africa, but I need a crew for Brightlingsea. Is anyone going to Brightlingsea who is not sailing at the moment ? Ideally 4-6 stone. I've got an Open Crew membership so they don't have to be a member of the MCA.

More
20 May 2006 10:10 #12106 by Martin Egan
I'm still looking for a crew for South Africa, but I need a crew for Ullswater (27th & 28th May). Is anyone going to Ullswater who is not sailing at the moment ? Ideally 4-6 stone. I've got an Open Crew membership so they don't have to be a member of the MCA. If not, I may have to press-gang Liz Mackenzie again (Liz, thanks for crewing at Brightlingsea and please bring your kit, just in case)

Time to create page: 1.585 seconds