MCA website logo 2017 4

Singlehanded spinnaker use

More
22 Jan 2013 12:52 #21197 by Martin Egan
The article on the Flyaway Spinnaker Pole system, by Stephen Heppell, which is one of many pieces of content which were lost when we changed websites in 2009, has been restored. You can now find it here www.ukmirrorsailing.com/index.php?option...atid=280:fitting-out or via the menu system.
Repairs & fitting out -> Fitting Out -> Spinnaker Pole Systems
and follow the link at the bottom of the page.

MCA Webmaster 2011 - 2018

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2013 20:23 #21198 by Bob Towler
Chears Martin,

Hope this helps all those who love finger knitting whilst trying to sail. When you get it worked out it is great fun.

Bob.T

More
25 Jan 2013 11:58 #21199 by William Birch
Many thanks to Martin Egan for posting the lost article on 'How to rig the self launching spinnaker'.
I am currently restoring a derelict mirror. I have replaced the aft floor panels; dagger board case; floor battens; transom and foot rest. I have almost completed sourcing the parts for the self launching spinnaker. My only problem now is finding out the measurements on where to place boom, mast and deck fittings for the spinnaker pole fittings, and uphaul and downhaul spinnaker fittings. There does not apperar to be any rules about this that I can find.
I would be grateful for assistance from anyone who has details of a system that works well. The mirror I am restoring has a wooden mast and boom.
Regards.
William.
birch(dot)w(at)btinternet(dot)com

More
16 May 2016 15:39 #21262 by John Webb
Me also - can't find the article (404'd) please send me a copy
webb202jatgooglemail.com
Cheers
John

More
16 May 2016 16:25 #21263 by Martin Egan
You can now find it here www.ukmirrorsailing.com/index.php?option...atid=280:fitting-out or via the menu system:
Fitting out & Repairs -> Fitting Out - Spinnaker -> Spinnaker Pole Systems -> Flyaway Pole (Stephen Heppell)

MCA Webmaster 2011 - 2018

Time to create page: 1.614 seconds