MCA website logo 2017 4

Europeans Poole Bronze fleet?

More
13 Feb 2012 18:18 #21168 by Tim Cushion
ATM (Attila the Mum) has given me permission to do the Europeans in Poole this summer as it is at my home club. I would like to compete as a single hander.

Although I could probably borrow a newish boat, I would like to do it in my old one. This has never been measured and is unlikely to pass muster now. 25 year old sails will also give me an excuse for coming last.

I guess I’m asking is there a bronze fleet that I would be able to sail and make a fool of myself in?

Thanks

Cush

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2012 16:57 #21169 by Bob Towler
Cush.
There is an agreement Nationaly for us single handers to compete up to Nation Wide level on an even footing with the full crewed boats but at The Nationals we normally have a seperate Fleet within the main Fleet.Again this is a National agreement. As the Europeans are a International Event I don't at present know if Single handers will be invited as we are sailing out of class according to the IMCA rules.
It may be possible if the organising authority were to alter class rules by an inclusion in the Sailing Instructions, If this is possible depends on the wording of class rules. Iether way it will only be one single handed fleet. I shall try to find out more and let you know.

Bob.T. (Single handers rep)

More
15 Feb 2012 17:18 #21170 by Bob Towler
Cush.
Further to my last, as the rule is writen:-

"8. CREW
Except when otherwise specified in the sailing instructions there shall be two persons on board while racing."

It should be possible I shall contact the relevent people and find out if they intend to do so,bearing in mind the turn out of "one" at last years nationals.

Bob.T

More
16 Feb 2012 16:55 #21171 by Tim Cushion
Bob,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would love to compete single handed but I had forgotten how rule obsessed sailing is. If it can't be done then I will just have to drag my daughter out of her Topper...

Thanks

Cush

Time to create page: 1.514 seconds