MCA website logo 2017 4

Spinnaker Pole

• tatali0n
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2007 10:07 #19751 by tatali0n
Spinnaker Pole was created by tatali0n
I've just picked up a spinnaker for my old Mirror and my next job is to sort out the necessary fittings. Despite the theoretical availability of two small crew members, I typically end up sailing the boat solo (at least across the winter and spring!), so aim to set up a self-launching system for the pole.

Getting hold of a pole seems to be something of a challenge, though it occurs to me that I can probably get one made if I can give my dad the measurements ....

So the basic question is what length and diameter of aluminium do I need for the spinnaker pole? I'm guessing I can probably get the jaw fitting from my local chandlers, but any tips or advice would be more than welcome, whether related to the pole or the rigging or using the sail itself.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• craig bond
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2007 11:18 #14539 by craig bond
Replied by craig bond on topic Spinnaker Pole
The tube can be 30mm, Z Spars can either supply just the parts or the complete pole. We can be contacted on 01473 822130 or 01206 304810.
Craig

PS The length of the pole including fittings is 5'. The pole needs to be the max length.

Edited by - craig bond on 13 March 2007 11:19:37

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.334 seconds