National squad weekend 2 - Rutland

• mattphysio
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Nov 2006 16:16 #19572 by mattphysio
National squad weekend 2 - Rutland was created by mattphysio
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is getting excited about South Africa, I know I am!

Peter will be sending out the plan today or tomorrow once we have confirmed the details. There are a few things I would like you to think about.

With your fitness reports there should be target heart rates for you to train at. To do this you need a HR monitor/ watch. I have been informed that a website called www.bodycare.co.uk are getting rid their polar watches at 70% off normal retail price (some are £12). Might be a good idea to get one, it would be a sound investment! This is more important for the more senior members of the squad who have been set target HR zones to train. If you are a new member of the squad and this is all very new then it might be best to wait for the weekend and we can discuss it further. They also sell exercise balls etc if you need anything like that.

Hope you are getting on ok with you core stability, any questions about it please fire them at me or Isy. Could you all bring your balls this weekend as the Sunday morning sessions from now on will be focused on core strength and conditioning. If you have not done anything regarding core stability then you better start now, it is a massively important area just like every other. Remember you are only as fast as your weakest link! That could be mental strength, fitness, nutrition, technique over waves, starting etc.
For me my weakest link is down wind sailing on flat water. Strength is starting and first beat! Have a good think about your strengths and weaknesses!

This is the last weekend before the worlds so please make sure you are all in the correct frame of mind to get the most from the weekend. My first world Championships in the Mirror was in Canada 1997 and I remember getting very nervous about the whole thing. We had no coaching back then, so no one to ask. If you need to speak to us about any part of your preparation then please do.

See you at the weekend

Regards

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.270 seconds