MCA website logo 2017 4

izivungu

• phil rust
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Aug 2009 16:34 #20541 by phil rust
izivungu was created by phil rust
For those interested in following up the guys from South African who were at the worlds have a look at:

www.izivungu.co.za/

Brightlingsea sailing club garage is half full with mirror gear and sailing clothing ready to go off to the container to help with their efforts. (John Barry may have to hire a Lorry to get it all there!)

Thanks for all the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Simon Lovesey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Aug 2009 20:46 #16579 by Simon Lovesey
Replied by Simon Lovesey on topic izivungu
We raised circa £1,000 at the Worlds Prize giving and as Phil mentions there is a truck load of sailing gear heading towards RSA, thanks for all your support, hopefully we can help the young African sailors get to AUS for the next worlds

We have now set-up a fund raising site for on going donations

www.sailracer.co.uk/events/event-v2.asp?eventid=39528

MCA Secretary

• john mcnulty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2009 09:55 #16580 by john mcnulty
Replied by john mcnulty on topic izivungu
I have tried donating but am puzzled by the page 2 of the process .What does the QTY column allow one to do? Do the figures relate to single pounds or multiples of £10? What is the target for sending a team of 3 to 5 boats to Aus - how about 10K? Is it MSC that has withdrawn the funding and why; especially as they are used for getting Mirrors to RSA and AUS? Can we have more info please for this very worthwhile cause so we can pass it on to our clubs for more support? Is there any reason why we don't use justgiving.com which is more straightforward and one can see the total as it grows.

another thought - can we get some publicity for it with the Yachting press and online pages? IMCA marketing.

Edited by - john mcnulty on 07 August 2009 11:07:06

• Simon Lovesey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2009 10:33 #16581 by Simon Lovesey
Replied by Simon Lovesey on topic izivungu
John

I have set up a quick website and online payment to get somethibng going, the qty is units of £10s

Would be quite easy to have a running total and I am sure this site will evolve as the project gains momentum

izivungu were funded by MSC, not just for their sailing, but all their education and living expenses. I believe most couldn't read or write before joining the school.

justgiving has monthly charges plus credit card fees, so likely to be more expensive, also I believe you have to be a registered charity.

Tracy Smith has kindly offered to oversee this project, I am sure sure she would welcome lots of help in sorting all the activity that will be needed to drive things forward.

MCA Secretary

Time to create page: 1.496 seconds