MCA website logo 2017 4

Final Results

• D.Hughes
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Oct 2010 18:53 #20851 by D.Hughes
Final Results was created by D.Hughes
I'm not realy a Mirror sailor these days, but I did in years gone by chase about the UK with my son doing events and going to squad training etc..
I'm sure a number of the travelers this year would be interested in seeing the FINAL RESULTS listed as the Hollingworth final event figures are not yet included.
After all that effort, is it not now polite to let the contestants know how they ended up?

Thanks
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mik
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Oct 2010 19:13 #20855 by Mik
Replied by Mik on topic Final Results
Hi David.
Have been thinking the same thing myself. Have done two rounds of the Mirror NE Traveller Series this year with no results posed on the website. The onus is on the (usually young) winner to write the report on an event and this is a good idea and great for the top crews. But I would like to know how I've done in each race and overall and for this to be portrayed on the website - even if I'm last! I suppose it is up to the organising club to supply results to the webmaster but will discuss with the powers that be to see the best way forward.
Mik
(Mirror FC, Bassenthwaite SC).

More
19 Oct 2010 09:35 #20857 by Steve Wilkinson
Replied by Steve Wilkinson on topic Final Results
David / Mik

I have offered to try and resolve the issue over the lack of results being displayed on the MCA website, and have recently asked the local area reps for all results whether from an Open Meeting or Nationwide event to be forwarded by e-mail to me - stephenwilkinson@btconnect.com

I will initially get everything put onto Sail Racer so that all of this years results will hopefully be up to date shortly. If there is anybody else who has not received an e-mail from me requesting results from this year, but who organised an event, could you please forward the results to me either in Sailwave, Excel or just as a Word doc that I will convert as required.

The lack of results is frustrating for all, but I would please ask for your patience for a while longer while I sort through the results and upload to Sail Racer. I will update via the forum as batches of results are uploaded.

Regards

Steve Wilkinson

Time to create page: 1.690 seconds